This item will really help you to understand better what your economy is, by showing you the relationship between your pace and your heartrate, much like a cyclist uses power and heartrate. If you pay attention to my coaching blog, I will be discussing the importance of this feature, and how it works to keep your training precise and maximize your training time.
The features included in this GPS system include:
- Current and average pace
- Lap recording with lap pace, auto lap recording by distance, (every mile or km), or a lap point on a course
- Distance, with alerts for every mile or km
- Heartrate zone settings, with alerts to keep you in the zones you want to be in
- Elevation, with total ascent and descent per lap and throughout the workout
- For cyclists, it records speed, and will even give cadence with some additional hardware
If you're considering getting one, you can order it here for under $200! (One of the best prices I've seen!):
Garmin 305 Forerunner
In the coming weeks I will discuss the 305, and how to maximize this tool for your training.