Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Yes, I'm very excited for this athlete to race...

Just got back from a great trip to Kona, for the Ironman World Championships. Two athletes, one went 9:16, 8th in Men 35-39, with a 48 min PR, while the other finished his first Ironman at 51 years of age, and only his second triathlon ever, 15:37!

I've been catching up on athlete training, and saw something which got me very excited.

Here's a CP30 value chart for power, taking the best sample by each week thru the season. The athlete is preparing for Ironman Florida, and is ready to do very well based on what I see here.

(Click on image to enlarge)

You'll notice a large downward trend in the middle, in the month of May. The athlete had a bike crash, causing a broken collar bone, and was out for almost 4 weeks. Since then, the progression has been steady and the latest fitness test we did is the very high point on the right. 346 watts for 30 min TT on a trainer, and only 158 lbs.

And trust me, his run charts look just as good! Yes, I am very excited for this athlete to race.

Coach Vance

No comments: