Thursday, October 30, 2008

Progression of an athlete...

This is one of my athletes, Ben. He struggled with his weight, due to his inconsistencies in training. Once he got a slot for Kona, he got serious. He went 12:56:00 on a very challenging day! Below is a photo of his weight loss progression, which he shared with me. I am really proud of all he's done, and hope to see it continue.

From left to right, March 06, March 07, June 08, July 08, October 08 (KONA!) Click on the photo to see it better...

Congrats Ben!

Coach Vance

3 comments:

Jen's Journey said...

This is very motivating for me to see as I am about to embark on racing after loosing 69 pounds. Kona seems as if it is a distant dream sometimes but seeing this gives me inspiration to keep dreaming and to NEVER stop reaching!

Thanks!
jen

jameson said...

good job coach.... he killed it!

ramon said...

Jim, I remember open water swim workouts with Ben. Wow, he looks amazing and it sounds like he threw down in Hawaii. Nice job coach!! Congrats to Ben too!