Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Tucson, Parvati and Renata

I'm heading to Tucson tomorrow, for the big Tri-Fest event, and will be there for 10 days, since we have a TrainingBible Camp the following weekend. If you're going to be there, stop by our booth and say hello. I'm happy to chat with people.

This season, I'm coaching Parvati Shallow, who won the reality-hit TV show, Survivor. She's training for Wildflower, and some other events this year, and was on the Competitors Radio Show with Bob Babbitt and Paul Huddle. If you have the time, it's a funny interview....
http://www.competitorradio.com/details.php?show=302

This month I also have Renata Bucher here training under me, as she prepares for the upcoming XTERRA season. Renata has finished in the top 5 at Maui three times, won the XTERRA European Tour three times, and is looking to make the jump to the top step at Maui. She recognizes she has some weaknesses, and is here working with me on them.

So far, we've done some testing to see where her weaknesses are, and what she needs to focus on. We're off to a good start, and she has already learned a lot in the first 3 days with me. Our hope is to make her a smarter athlete, not just faster and stronger. I'm introducing her to training with power, and other technological tools.

Renata will be with me in Tucson, enjoying the training environment, and putting in some big preparations for XTERRA Saipan, Tagaman and some of the US XTERRA events. She will be joined by some of my other athletes who I will be coaching at the camp, as well as other TrainingBible athletes, who will be in attendance. I'm looking forward to it!

Coach Vance

No comments: