Saturday, August 15, 2009

Tuesday Night Track Sessions in San Diego

If you're a good runner, looking to become a better runner, or know good runners looking for a good run workout on the track, check out my Tuesday night track workout for the Tri Club of San Diego. It's quickly becoming one of the best in the county.

Every Tuesday night, at University City High School, with the workout starting at 6:10. Warm-up is on your own before then. Workout will be anywhere from 4-5K mostly. Later in the season, we will build to 5x1 mile for the top group, 3x1 mile for the lower groups.

We have some really good runners in our front pack, including a number of collegiate runners. Always looking for more, and more are welcome. All that's asked is that you be a member of the Tri Club of San Diego, as I donate my time for their workout.

If you're intimated by fast runners, don't worry, we are divided among abilities, and volumes are adjusted as well. We have seen some great improvements across all groups, and I'm pretty excited about what we've got going on. If you're looking for a great group environment and quality work on the track, I think you should check us out.

Hope to see you out there!

Coach Vance

2 comments:

fcborik said...

Hi Jim,

I wanted to tell you how much the track sessions have helped my running. When I started the sessions back in February, I was running an 11 minute/mile pace. Today, I ran the AFC Half Marathon in 1:55:07 which is an average 8:46 /mile pace. I am totally stoked! Thanks for all your help, and I'll see you again on Tuesday!

Frank Borik

Jim Vance said...

Frank,

You're one of the big success stories of the season! I remember how you struggled the first night! Well done, and keep up the great work. Scary to think how fast you'd be if you hadn't crashed your bike!

Jim